This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
None of the tutorials appear to WORK. Where are the things you tell us to look for in settings???
I'm the IT Manager for my office. I've been trying to deal with several recent issues various staff member are having with Firefox. But when I search for answers, the tutorials tell me things like: Click the [three bar] button. choose History and select Clear Recent History.... But WHERE is History when you click that button??? I don't see it! Nor does clicking Options go there. What's the use of tutorial advice if it DOES NOT WORK???
All Replies (3)
The History button is by default in the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list. Note that you can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar.
What kind of issues does that staff member has?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
In the address bar, type about:about<enter> and save the page to your bookmarks toolbar. This page can take you to most of the things you may want to access. You can also save other about: pages to the toolbar if you access them a lot.
Hi Charlie, as with many Windows apps, you can display Firefox's legacy menu bar by tapping the Alt key. If you can't access the newer History menu for some reason, try using the old one.