This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
constanly asks me to sign in on my E-mail account.
I've had Firefox for 4 years now and never had this problem, now it's asks me to sign in every time I log in. After I sign in it works OK however, once I log off and sign back in, the whole process starts again whereas it asks me to sign back in again... I've called Comcast and the CS rep said he too has Firefox and his is now is doing the same thing.... this started for me about 5 weeks ago
All Replies (2)
Hi Peterking, Thank you for your question. I do not have a comcast account, however if the password is being prompted everytime, is this happening in other sites as well?
- Try to delete the stored password on the site from the Password manager. Make sure Firefox prompts you whether or not to save the password
- Make sure that "remember this next time " is checked.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Never remember history).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"
A detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
You can use these steps to make a website remember you:
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when you close Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.