how do I uninstall video download helper on windows 7?
I understand video download helper is a malware. I'm not a teckspert. So can I get rid of this or am I stuck with it. I've been happy with firefox so far or should I investigate something else?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.14
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Hi, On Menu bar click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions...... Find Video DownloadHelper and click on the "Remove" button.
You find more info here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_add-ons
Best of luck
Video download helper is not malware. This is just one of the many extensions that are hosted on the Add-ons site. All extensions hosted on the Add-ons have been reviewed unless stated otherwise.
- Video DownloadHelper (VDH): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/