Using touch pad can't scroll. Dell inspiron 9400 not support W7 OS upgrade. Help.
Have tried some firefox add ons but none work well. No help from Dell re: Say Inspiron 9400/E1705 system not support W7. This is still a very good laptop I'm not willing to scrap. Looking thru my documentation I can't identify touch pad vendor so I can go to their site. Have D/L Synaptics driver but "no joy" there. Thanx for any help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.7.20033
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
If you have a three button mouse, pressing the middle button turns the mouse into a scroll control.
Do you have a diagnostic program for the computer or touch pad?