My bookmarks vanished after restoring my pc..
When I returned to where I was they had vanished. I searched for a few hours and then signed up for mozillazine. I asked anyine to talk me through getting them back and received 5 replies but when I tried replying to them I kept being re-directed. To cut to the chase, I'm screwed. Can anyone help me to find my bookmarks - PLEASE!!!!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.1240
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Chrome Virtual Keyboard
- Online Banking Google Chrome Extension
- Content Blocker Google Chrome Extension
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
OK, so is anyone seeing this? I don't know what happened to the person who was helping me but anyway, now I'm stuck again. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Did you do another system restore?
Do you still have backups in the bookmarkbackups folder that show the expected item count?
- bookmarks-YYYY-MM-DD_<item count>_<hash>.json
Hi cor_el, I'm afraid I don't know. This is all Greek to me, as I said earlier in this thread. If you could tell me where to look I'll tell you. Thanks.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
The "AppData" folder in Windows Vista and later Window 7+ versions and the "Application Data" folder in XP/Win2K are hidden folders.
OK, I don't really know what you're looking for, sorry. The only things I can see with "backup" on them seem to be recent dates. The earliest I can see 19th April, which is too recent to be the date in question.
Btw, I'm not ignoring you, it's almost 4 am here now! :-) I will check to see if you've replied in the morning or maybe afternoon.