This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I fix the session restore problem? I frequently encounter this issue.
Session restore doesn't work as it should be. Each time I am facing off 'blanked' restore previous session and I have to run my computer at an early date to get back my firefox again.
I close the firefox by using 'exit' option and my hisstory settings is set by 'remember history when Firefox closes'. Also I set browser.sessionstore prefs its default values, i think. Although I uninstall and reinstall the firefox many times same thing is happening again. Could you help me in any other way? Thank you.
All Replies (4)
Have you tried refreshing Firefox? (Note that Refresh actually does more than uninstalling and re-installing Firefox does.)
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
Thank you for your interest and advice.
I'll try it and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be free from this problem.
You can try to rename the sessionstore-backups folder to see if the new folder that Firefox will create works better.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Thank you cor-el. I'll try too.