If I have a document that is 10 pages and I only want to print pages 2.4.6 how can i select just those. The selection button is grayed out
i want to print only selected pages not the whole document.. HELP
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- ImageCapture Suite Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
That is part of the printer options. What should happen is; when you tell the computer to print something, the printer control panel should open. Among everything, the option to print all, or selected.
Are you having trouble at this point? What printer are you using?
I have an HP office jet. and I will look but i didnt see any of those settings. and the select button was grayed out and firefox would not let me select pages..
Firefox allows printing of a range of pages, for example, page 2 to 5. But not a non-contiguous set of pages.
Firefox allows you to print a selection, but by that Firefox means the part of the page you selected with the mouse or keyboard, so again, a continuous range.
If you don't want to print 3 times, I suggest using a PDF printer driver as an intermediary. Then you can print any individual pages you like using the much more full-featured print dialog in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
If you do not have one, here are two free PDF printer drivers I have used:
If you are just printing for quick reference and don't mind a "trial edition" banner on your PDF, I really like this one due to its handy preview-before-save feature:
- pdfFactory - http://fineprint.com/pdf/
Or... if you are viewing a PDF in a tab using Firefox's built-in PDF viewer, you can do either of the following:
- click the the Download button on the viewer's toolbar and open the PDF outside of Firefox in Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- change your PDF viewer to Adobe's plugin, which may have a better print dialog (I didn't check) -- see: How to disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer