The help 'About' dialog shows my system at 37.0.1 but I keep getting "older version of Firefox" messages, even from Mozzila, including an option to download 29!
I tried to send a page and the 'installing social services' sequence required me to update to "at least version 29." However, my system is up to date. I do so religiously.
So I thought I would send a support note to ask about that and the support sequence too fired back a message, "looks like your Firefox is out of date." I captured both that any my version info in the attached graphic.
I have gone through several re-installs to clear this problem but it keeps happening. Why?
I also see in the "educated guesses" of my system, below this note, that your system is showing my FF version as 26.0! Can a resident piece of malware hijack FF that badly to deny the updates from proceeding yet present a dialog that shows me as being on 37.0.1? I'm speculating here as this issue confuses me. By the way, I have used Kaspersky--also up to date--for ages.
And I still was not able to send that page, so over to Chrome/Explorer I must go!
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Version 126.96.36.19910
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 ZemanaAID/FFFF0089
Your User Agent is corrupted. It shows Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 ZemanaAID/FFFF0089