Problem accessing company shairpoint site after upgrading to 37.0.1
Firefox don't want to grant me access even if i put the correct password. Please see pic. It's just keep popping up even if I input correct data and finally it locks me out and I have to get it unlocked by our IT dept. This problem came with the latest upgrade to 37.0.1
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
There was a similar issue, however your user agent says version 37 is installed. Did you downgrade?
Nope did not downgrade...in preferences its says 37.0.1
Does it help to put a tick here:
- Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network: Connection -> Settings:
"Do not prompt for authentication if password is saved"
I dont have Options in the tools meny. I run firefox for Mac.
Sorry. On Mac you can use "Firefox > Preferences" instead on "Tools > Options".
Did not help....I have now downgraded since I have not time with this. It must be something with the security changes in the new version which dose not let me access our company sharepoint. See screen shot.
If it is, you can check the encryption in the url bar by clicking on the lock icon, then clicking on the Security tab.