Firefox will not save my update settings
I choose to "check for updates but let me choose when to install...". Whenever a new update comes out (or any other time it feels like it) my choice is changed and the update is made. I do not want this to happen but the browser keeps changing my settings. What is going on with FF. I use to love it but it's become a nightmare. How can I stop all these changes being made?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Logitech Device Detection
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Settings Guard is a great program, but it's owner has withdrawn it.
What it does is let you know if a setting was changed. I don't think it stops the change. Disable it as a test.
OK, will do.