How do I remove Malware from Firefox?
So a few days ago, I installed a software on my computer. which was obviously a Malware, sadly I was foolish and didn't notice on time and the damage was done. The name of the virus was strtpoint.exe or something like that. I removed it and all its data but sadly it kinda connected to Firefox and each time I open a new tab it redirects to the following website: "search.strtpoint.com/?v=insMac&t=1411&ap=578080078". I tried several anti-virus softwares and reinstalled Firefox, but its still there. :( I also noticed that Internet Explorer is also infected by the virus. Do you guys maybe have an idea how to get rid of it?
Thanks a lot for the Help!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.6.2)
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.5.1)
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Unity Player 4.0.1f2
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Hi, please have a work through this Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article, and be aware that not all malware programs will remove the same things, so you may need to run them all.
Hope that will be of help.