Security Help Page Mozilla Firefox Pop-up
whenever I go to photobucket I get a "Security Help Page" pop-up stating some pretty scary stuff...
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Mindspark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
hi , can you share a screenshot of that popup? How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
thank you, this is scam as this notice is triggered by a website which has no way of knowing about the claims it is making - so DO NOT CALL the number mentioned there!
however, this may as well be an issue that may be caused by adware that is already active on your pc though, so please take some precautions:
- go to the firefox menu ≡ > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc).
- also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there.
- finally, run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner, which are specialised in adware and browser hijackers.
Yes this is a scam as it most certainly is not from the Firefox browser or Mozilla.
It either could be because of a malware on computer or it could even just be a annoying page popup or redirect thing.
Such a pop-up is always a scam and you should never respond to any such response to either call a number or contact a website or otherwise provide personal information.