why i can't open adf.ly window?
i don't understand with my mozilla, every time i open this site "adf.ly" it didn't work. there is always a words like this appear in my mozilla window 'Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at adf.ly', so what happen with my mozilla? i already check my internet connection but there is no problem whit it. thanks before
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
The adf.ly website, which loads perfectly on my Firefox, has a note at the top "Problems? Go to the old adF.ly version." The old one has the capital "F". See if that helps. Do you really have Firefox 22.0?
Modified by alan_r
The old version is http://v1.adf.ly/ TLD names are always case insensitive, only the appended path name is case sensitive.
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller: