This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I updated the software on my MacBook and since the computer restart Firefox has failed to startup. I get either a blank white box and the spinning wheel of death or if I try to open in Safe Mode it will go to Google and then simply hang indefinitely until I force quit. I have restarted my computer, and uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox twice now, but nothing has changed.
All Replies (6)
Hello kherzog, we're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing when you open it. Please do the following to give us crash IDs that will help us understand more about the crash.
- (OS X 10.6 or previous) Click the Finder icon in the dock. Your home folder will be selected. In the right side of the window, click the Library folder to open it. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
(OS X 10.7 or above) Click the Finder icon in the dock. On the menu bar, click the Go menu, hold down the option or alt key and select Library. A window will open containing your Library folder. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
- Open the 5 most recent files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
I tried to find that but there is no Firefox folder in the Application Support folder.
If you done it, go one more time, please download and install firefox, follow the next steps:
1. Download a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html (full dmg package)
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.
see if the files are hidden : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Show_hidden_files_and_folders#Mac_OS_X
bp-8c31cdbe-a524-4919-852b-a12c82131029 bp-99d760d2-5a1c-4a31-abaa-638922131029 bp-ee9e29ab-f743-48c5-b367-1eee72140212 bp-74cc123d-e45c-4632-ac37-eb9442140216 bp-c3283437-78d3-4251-9de2-490c52150108
2 report is "Crash Not Found", another 2 related to Shockwave Flash Version:188.8.131.52, if you have that version try to update to latest Flash Player 184.108.40.2065 from the next link : https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html.
Okay, but I have sent multiple crash reports today that are not in the "submitted" folder. Firefox was working perfectly well this evening until I installed the security, etc, software updates when prompted by my OS.