If firefox has "use system proxy setting' configured to access the internet, where does it get the info from(e.g.windows regitry?)?
Does firefox cache the pac file? If yes, where? What if the proxy server is not accessible?
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- VMware Remote Console and Client Integration Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Separate Issue; Update your Flash Player v18.104.22.1686
A proxy is for when the computer does not have direct access to the web. If one is not needed, then the setting would be No Proxy.
Your computer should have a Network Control window thru the Control Panel.
If you are having problems, just ask for help.