Pin bookmarks to Windows 8.1 start screen
Hi, I cant seem to pin any of my bookmarks to my Windows 8.1 start screen for easy access. I can pin them easily enough to the bookmark bar in Firefox but thats not what I want to do.
Internet Explorer lets me do it but I cant seem to find a way to make a bookmark into a tile and placed on my start screen.
Thanks for any help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Media Go Detector Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
I cannont seem to find the way Windows 8 does this. Even when right clicking and trying to create a new shortcut it never completes.
So I tried it a different way. I pinned Firefox to the start screen, but changed my start pages in the Firefox settings.
Go to Options > General > Start up and set the homepage.
I also looked for a bug that might address this and could not find one.
Did you try to create a desktop shortcut of that bookmark and try to pin that shortcut?
Unlike IE that uses files and folder on the hard drive does Firefox store bookmarks in a SQLite database file.