hi, i would like to bring to your attention a problem that i am having with firefox. It crashes every time i wnat to use youtube, or any other websites with videos. Even streaming is craching. I can't watch any of it. Plus, it does get very slow and and entire pages crash as well all the time. it has been like that for two days. Is it only an issue that you are having and will get fixed shortly, or is it not normal? For your information, i have checked my internet connection, and everything is well. i have also tried to surf the web on other browsers such as chrome and internet explorer and it works perfectly. I also refreshed and recovered firefox at its original settings, and it still crashes. Could you please help me, as i really don't want to give up this firefox browser which i 've been very satisfied with, until now.
Thank you very much in advance for your answer.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
hi, thank you so much for your quick reply. I already did try this, but unfortunately, it didn't work either. Is there anything else i could do?
There weren't crash ID's in that page?
bp-ef6f5157-9160-4fb6-b82d-fbaf42150122 bp-79dcd2b0-a6a0-46c1-8c0f-77c932150122 bp-fbfcb626-f960-4ea1-b29f-7f7a22150122 bp-d3ee3b42-b3c3-4221-8ae5-bd7a92150122 bp-944f2095-5364-40fc-a526-5e9e02150122
Here are the 5 links you asked me to put. Also, i just saw that i had 147 crash reports just for today!
Modified by cor-el
The crash report flagged these programs;
NPSWF32_16_0_0_287.dll = Adobe Flash Player
Process Type plugin Shockwave Flash Version:18.104.22.1687
Tyler Downer has replied to a thread you're watching. Here is their reply:
Hey all, Just an update. A 0day exploit has been discovered in Flash, 22.214.171.1247 and below. Adobe has released an update to 126.96.36.1997 which fixes this issue. All users should update to the latest flash immediately. It isn't known how far back this hold exists, but at this time assume all versions are affected.
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues.
Flash Player v188.8.131.527
Modified by FredMcD