Receiving texts in Spanish saying a session was started recently - are these legitimate and how do I make them stop?
Once or more every day (typically overnight) I receive a text saying, "Recientemente se inici sesi n en tu cuenta desde Firefox on Windows." Ignoring the grammatical errors/misspellings, it roughly translates to your Firefox account was recently logged into/a session was started. Each time the message is from short code 792273. Is this message legitimately from Firefox? If so, how do I get my number removed from whatever account it's been applied to in error?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
I never received such a message myself. If there are any links on it, DO NOT USE them.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
Screenshot attached. As you can see, no links or requests for me to do something, which makes me think it's not malicious, but the volume and frequency at which I receive these is annoying. At this point I have not responded back to any of the texts.
There is nothing official for Firefox Accounts that sends SMS notifications about sessions in Firefox.
However you may want to check all devices that you have Firefox installed, because it may be a third party service letting you know that status of a session, if I may infer, on a Windows machine.