When opening gmail in firefox, the search box automatically display someone's email address, how can I prevent this?
An email address is automatically displayed in gmail's google search-box. This occurs only when starting Firefox, and clicking anywhere clears the box content. This anomaly only occurs on one machine, not on my laptop, which is sync to the machine in concerns. It doesn't occur in Google Chrome, etc. Small problem, but annoying, nevertheless... one is never careful enough with virus and the likes. Thanks, Pierre
The next time you log in to gmail, uncheck "Keep me logged in"Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.12
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
The next time you log in to gmail, uncheck "Keep me logged in"