I click new tab and google homepage opens, so far so good, but address bar is active, I wish for google search to be.
When I click a new tab, I've chosen via about:config that I want to load google's homepage, but the address bar is marked so that I can type in an internet address. Instead I wish for the google search engine to be active when I open a new tab, how can I change this?
Usually everytime I open a new tab it's for googling, not typing addresses.
I even installed NewTabURL 2.2.3 to test it out, but it didn't work. I even unchecked "Select location bar after loading the new tab" but nothing happened.
Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- Unity Player 4.5.2f1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
What is interesting is that currently this happens by default. There may be an addon or a modified preference that may have changed.
Try a new profile, this will tell you if its something that was changed in your current profile: Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles
You can look at this extension:
- New Tab Tools: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-tools/