Firefox 35.0 upgraded and will not maintain history
Hi, RATHER FRUSTRATING... I just upgraded to v 35 and all my tabs and history is gone. I'm on Mavericks.
Settings: Under Preferences/General, I had selected (and still have selected), show my windows and tabs from last time Under Preferences/Privacy, I had and still have UNCHECKED, 'clear history when firefox restarts'.
Once I did the upgrade, it has blown away my history and I only have history older than 6mths. No recent history at ALL! What gives??
What's worse, with the above mentioned setting in place, if I open two tabs (say one to Microsoft and the other to Apple), when I exit and restart FF, I get a clean install. The tabs from the last session DONT'T get restored!!!
It seems the restoration after an upgrade is a CRAP SHOOT with FF. I have had this happen in the past and usually reluctant to do upgrades. Which is not a good thing. This time seeing the focus on security, I elected to the upgrade, after I had checked all the settings were in place. Unfortunately, it screwed me right up! What can I do?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
If there is not a folder on the desktop that says "Old Firefox Data" (if there is: Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles ) then it is possible to restore if you have a back up.
However, to prevent this it is possible to try this add on: FEBE
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/