On 13th of the month only, Firefox will not connect with Google.
I only noticed on Dec 13th that Firefox v34 or v35 wiii not connect to any Google site on the 13th of the month. It occurred on 13th January too. After that I experimented with the date reset facility in Windows XP, ran a reboot and found I could reproduce this problem. Google search, maps, analytics are all affected and browser eventually says "server times out" with a plain grey background.
I have devised a routine that backsteps and then jumps for a date so that "the 13th" never happens again on this system.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
That was very good work. Well Done.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller: