Screen/picture's flickering and crashing Firefox!!
Hi! Whichever website I visit all the pictures, photos, slides keep flickering and then Firefox crashes.pleased solve solve this issue.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:35.0) Gecko/35.0 Firefox/35.0
Some questions to help us help you! (I haven't noticed this flickering & crashing on photo sites that you mention in my testing)
- Which websites are causing this problem? A few (3 or 4) examples would be grand!
- What version of Firefox are you using? FF35 for Android?
- Have you tried temporarily uninstalling all the add-ons in Tools -> Add-ons? Sometimes add-ons break Firefox!
- Finally what version of Android OS are you using? (ice cream sandwich 4.0, jellybean 4.1-4.3, kitkat 4.4? etc) and what phone or tablet are you using? (htc one, samsung galaxy s5, etc)
Hey Roland ,
Thanks for trying to help .
Here are the answers to your questions.
1. Websites : timesofindia.com , yahoo.com , comingsoon.net , tmz.com and many sites displaying photos/picture slides . 2. Yes , Im using FF 35.0 3. I have recently started using firefox and have not yet tried/installed and add-ons. 4. I'm Using Dell Venue7 LTE 3740 , OS : Android KitKat 4.4.4 .
Hope this will help you to help me buddy !! Let me know if you need anymore information , Thanks for trying to help.
Thanks for answering my questions. Lots of folks don't.
- You are one the few Android users using a tablet based on the Intel processor. So there maybe an Intel processor specific issue. I've had no problems with my tablets which have ARM processors i.e. non intel processors.
- Please surf to: about:crashes and copy and paste the crashids that you see there they start with "bp-"
- Once I have the crashids I will file a bug for you.
Hi Roland ,
Yes this is my first time using a Intel processor based tablet .I too have used Samsung tablets earlier being run on ARM processors and have never encountered such an issue.
Here's a crashid :
Hope this gets solved soon. Thanks for helping.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1125010 is the bug I filed. Glad I can help. Wish I could give you some sort of ETA bug I can't,
My Samsung Intel tablet *doesn't* crash unfortunately