The recent upgrade to 35.0 slowed some sites down dramatically - is a fix in the works?
E.g., http://cirri.al/sharks/ is almost unusable now
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:35.0) Gecko/35.0 Firefox/35.0
After restarting the browser several times, for some reason things seem to work better now (but I couldn't speculate why). Perhaps this is a non-issue
Looks like regular browser restarts continue to be needed for this version to work acceptably. But the previous version didn't have this problem (android, galaxy s3)
I am not aware of any changes in FF35 that would break this game and it seems to work fine on my S5 without any add-ons installed!
- Perhaps one of your add-ons has broken this game in FF35? Please check Tools | Add-ons and disable any add-ons you might have and let me know if that helps!
- Please give us the URLs of any other websites that stopped working in FF35
Well, adblock is the only plugin I've installed, disabling it didn't seem to change anything. The only pattern I've been able to discern is that having many script-heavy tabs open at once really bogs down page rendering, far more than in the previous version of firefox
- The only I other thing I can suggest is uninstalling ad-block altogether for a brief test. You can always re-install it if that doesn't help! i don't use ad block and don't notice any slow down on my S5.
- Please provide the URLs of 2 or 3 more sites where "really bogs down page rendering, far more than in the previous version of firefox"
What I'm finding is no single particular site has problems alone. But having many script-heavy tabs open seems to bog down more than in the past. (Restarting the browser, even with all the same tabs, helps for a while.) I realize this is not very actionable, so I would completely understand if nothing more can be done with this. It might be that some sites are just badly written
- Well pretty please give us 2-4 of the most script heavy sites. It would help. I can even try reproducing the problem on my S3
- "It might be that some sites are just badly written". If by "badly written" you mean "hard-coded for Safari or Chrome or for another mobile browser like IE on instead of following webstandards", then yes :-) ! We have a website for reporting these sorts of issues, webcompat.com
Another "clicker game" that bogs down after a while is https://swarmsim.github.io/ - I only start seeing real slowness after Firefox has been running for over a day or so, using other apps in the meantime, so Firefox has to re-render pages when I come back to it.
On, e.g., http://www.zerohedge.com/ with adblock off, typically the ads really bog down the browser, and with adblock on, adblock itself seems to be doing a lot of work
great i'll try those two sites on my S3