Firefox Dev randomly closes windows, losing countless tabs in the vast sea of my history
Firefox Dev Edition, it randomly closes windows. I typically have up to 3 windows open at a time with anywhere from 3 to 8 tabs open on each, so idk if it's a memory problem and I'm just too demanding? In Chrome, when a window is closed, you can go to "recently closed tabs" and the entirety of that window's tabs are grouped into one entry, so in one click all tabs from that closed window are brought back. It's more like "recently closed tabs & windows". But firefox doesn't have this implemented so I then have to repeatedly open a new tab, open from history, repeat. I'm sure I put too much load on my browsers, but Chrome doesn't do this and I would hope that Firefox would be as much of a work horse as Chrome has been for me in all the years I've been using it. I can retrieve any logs or provide more information to anybody if it helps.
Summary: While browsing with multiple windows of FF:D up, one will randomly close. I actually recall this happening while I had my laptop closed and not in use. The window just closes out and it cannot be restored in any way other than opening each individual tab in history.
Additional System Details
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Happy Cloud Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste that into the "Post a Reply" box. (Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the ID's. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.