Can't find the new 'Firefox Hello' in Firefox 34
I just updated to Firefox 34 stable this morning and I am not finding the new 'Firefox Hello', the real-time communication client. It is nowhere to be found.. I am from Canada by the way.
How can that be?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Try to set the loop.throttled to false on the about:config page. Close and restart Firefox and check of that helps to restore the Hello button to the customize palette.
- bug 1083525 - Hello button does not appear in palette if customized prior to FFx34
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/where-firefox-hello-button - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-hello-make-and-receive-calls-guest-mode - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/create-and-manage-your-contacts-list-firefox-hello
Setting the loop.throttled to false on the about:config page worked for me, so thank you very much. I found the Firefox Hello icon on the customize palette as you mentionned.
But should I set loop.throttled to 'true' again? And is it normal that Firefox Hello says that it is in 'Beta'?
--- I tested this ---> I set loop.throttled to 'false' & the Hello icon appeared in "Customise" dragged the Hello icon to taskbar & restart -- all OK
I set loop.throttled to 'true' again & restart & the Hello icon disappeared - including from "Customise"
I set loop.throttled to 'false' again & restart & the Hello icon re-appeared
on taskbar & in "Customise"
Same here neil.f
The loop.throttled must be to 'false' or the 'Firefox Hello' disappear. I think this is a serious bug because both of my computer (one running Windows 8.1 64 and the other Linux Lubuntu 14.04 32bit) did not have Firefox Hello out of the box with this update..
So I would venture to say that many people are not even aware that Firefox Hello is now available for them to chat..
I have the same problem. I did not use Hello in Beta, but only since it was available in new update. I do not have a "loop:throttled" entry in about:config. I used "loop" as search term when I could not find it and there is not a similar entry with different punctuation either.
yesterday, I was able to add the button to my toolbar, though the icon did not show and the button was only hlaf size. Todau I do not see it at all.
I am not willing to try any changes to view as it took me hours to get my toolbar the way it is now.
Do you have any other Boolean loop prefs that have an enabled state like loop.enabled that are bold?
Open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button to restore the default toolbar setup