How do I get rid of malware/adware signed "ads by info" ?
I've tried just about every anti-spyware and nothing is getting rid of ads and new tabs opening signed "ads by info". I believe that it goes by the name of superfish sometimes. I successfully removed it from Chrome but Firefox is still screwed.
Please don't tell me to look through my extensions. It's not there and I'm not a moron.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_2_0_0_0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.12
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Thanks. I should say that I saw similar pages before but the steps are out of date. However, resetting Firefox does seem to work.
The difference is that Firefox's latest release doesn't have the "Help" button in the same place or indeed, saying "Help". Instead you have to click on the question mark from the drop down in the top right hand corner.
If you want to access the Help menu from the menubar, you can by pressing Alt if the menubar is hidden, or by showing the menubar permanently through your customization screen:
- Either enter about:customizing in your address bar, or go to
- Menu > Customize
At the bottom left of this page should have a "Show/Hide Toolbars" - you can enable the menu bar from there.
Alternatively, if you right click on an empty space on your toolbar, an option to show the Menu bar (and Bookmarks toolbar) should appear as well.