Tried using "ymnotifier" for my Yahoo Mail but nothing is happening. I use FoxFire 1.28. Is the addon still working?
Saw that you have an addon "ymnotifier" to announce when Yahoo mail comes in. I installed it and feel that I have the correct information keyed: e-mail address / PW/ Pop. Nothing happens when I receive new mail. I have Fox Fire 1.28. Is this addon still working.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
You posted here with Firefox 33.0 - don't know where that "Fox Fire 1.28" is coming from. Mozilla didn't make that extension, it's from a 3rd party developer - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/morac/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yahoo-mail-notifier/ Read the user reviews for that extension, clearly there are issues with it going back to Firefox 24 or 25. It hasn't been updated in almost a year, I'd say something about it is broken, or "off a bit" and it needs to be fixed.
See the developers release notes here - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yahoo-mail-notifier/versions/ . Sounds like the developer was struggling with changes that Yahoo made to their webmail and has abandoned that extension (judged by the rate of updates in 2013 and none in 2014).