This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
can't zoom gmaps in satellite view
In gmaps, satellite view, the street names and the satellite view are not linked. If I zoom in or out, the satellite view remains fixed, while the streets and labels zoom. Similarly, if I drag the map, the street labels move, but not the satellite map itself. I tried updating Mozilla to 33.0.3, re-started, and the problem persists. I have no problem in Internet Explorer.
All Replies (6)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
I've tried this, but the problem persists. In Safe Mode, as per instructions above, gmaps did work. The street grid names and the satellite image of same, moved together when I zoomed or dragged.
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
This did not solve the problem. That "use hardware acceleration when available" was already checked. I restarted Firefox and the issue still remains.
I have now turned OFF "hardware acceleration", and the problem seems to be resolved. I hope that won't affect other applications I have. Thank you for your help!