I can sign into facebook but there is nothing there
there are no post's. If I hit home or timeline it just blinks and nothing is there. I can not even arrow down to sign out
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- RocketLife Software Component
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
In another thread, it was mentioned that Facebook has been modifying the site and no longer works in many older versions of Firefox. I think the newest version of Firefox for OSX 10.5 is Firefox 16. I don't know whether that version still works with FB or not.
That could be the problem, but you might also try the common troubleshooting steps such as:
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
You can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
"3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- (menu bar) Tools > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
In the dialog that opens, you can remove the site's cookies individually.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
On Mac use Firefox > Preferences instead of Tools > Options that is used on Windows.