Will Firefox support Youtube in 60 fps anytime soon?
Will Firefox support watching HD-videos on Youtube in 60 fps in the near future?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.5.1)
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.5.0)
- Picasa plugin
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
This I do not know, it is not offered on Macs or other browsers I have tested either. I would suggest to ask Youtube. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../youtube-high-definition/-> this add on will offer automatically detecting HD however.
I get 720p60 and 1080p60 offered in the current Nightly build that has MSE enabled by default.
- media.mediasource.enabled = true
Otherwise Google offers the 60fps choice via 720p60 and 1080p60 only to Google Chrome.
It doesn't work smoothly though and there are frames not painted for me on Linux.