Firefox keeps crashing a lot. How to solve this?
I've faced this problem in Firefox 32 and now I'm still facing it in Firefox 33. When browsing Web pages, Firefox randomly crashes. There doesn't seem to be any pattern between the crashes and I'm facing at least 4 to 5 crashes a day.
My crash report ids from about:config bp-770f45b3-5222-4552-8ce8-6cf6c2141013 bp-fd0fa68d-3110-4350-87f8-29e6c2141006
about:config only has the above 2 ids although I've faced more than a dozen crashes.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; Nexus 5 Build/KTU84Q) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.102 Mobile Safari/537.36
The bug that is associated with the two reports has to do with the new roku screencast feature however this would depend on what is the steps you are taking right before it crashes. Since there are a few that are not reporting are there any that have not been submitted?
Basic recommended troubleshooting steps:
- Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
- Avoid crashes - Tips and tricks
- Try it in Safe Mode Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Did this help?
I face this problem with Firefox for Android (in Nexus 5) and not in Desktop.
- Where do I look for crash reports that have not been submitted?
- I'm not sure there is a way to update graphics drivers separately in Nexus 5
- Does Firefox for Android have a Safe Mode?