How to deploy disabled Firefox as the default PDF viewer via GPO
I am trying to change the settings of 204 Windows 7 PCs. They all use Firefox and with have Adobe Acrobat XI. I would like to know how to use the Mozilla Administrative Template or how to create a GPO to change the default pdf viewer in Firefox to Acrobat XI.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Use a file browser. Look for one of the files and right click on it. Select Properties. Then General. Under Open With, press the Change button.
Thank you, but you are way off. I'm not trying to change what program opens a file in windows. I'm trying to deploy a setting in the about:config "pdfjs.disabled = 'true'" settings via Group Policy to over 200 computers.
I'm having this problem too, except I'm trying to push it out to 400 PC's with 2-10 users per PC. i need a way to be able to configure it so when a user logs into the PC via our domain login Firefox will be automatically configured to open PDF's from Firefox in an Adobe Reader window, otherwise we have to manually configure it like FredMcD said, and that gets very frustrating after the 2nd PC
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.