This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Having many different issues & can't sign in...
There are so many issues, I don't know where to start.
1. I have an older computer. It runs on Windows XP, Intel Celeron CPU 2.4 GHz, 2.39 GHz, 2.00 of RAM. I don't expect it to be the fastest in the world but it gets clogged up very quickly.
2. The last time it crashed (Firefox) it suggested I needed driver version 6.1400.1000.5218. I'm not very computer savvy about builds & such. I don't even know where to start looking for this.
3. Shockwave Flash & Flash Player keep crashing on both Firefox & Google which is extremely frustrating for someone with ADD. Is it possible to use Adobe Air platform to play games on???
4. What's the deal with Unity or Steam platforms for playing the Facebook games or any other games on? Or the warnings about Java platforms? Like I said before I don't know much about programming. The last programming I did on computers was over 30 years ago & it was working with DOS.... Guess I'm showing my age a bit.
I have to wait for my dad to take the whole thing for a few weeks. Then, he & my cousin's husband go thru both the C drive & the F drive to figure out what isn't necessary (along with my external hard drive that's for back-up). I'm without a computer for 2 weeks to a month or more....
Any ideas to help a girl out so she can do it herself???
Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
All Replies (2)
Ok, let's try to get all your questions answered here :)
1. For this issue, try resetting Firefox Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings. This can correct many performance issues. Also read Quick fixes if your Firefox slows down for some other performance enhancing tips.
2. Updating your graphics driver is always a good idea. Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL. This will also help your performance. Also make sure you update Windows XP.
3. Flash is notoriously buggy. Try the steps at Flash 11.3 doesn't load video in Firefox and Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again for help.
4. Steam and Unity are both gaming platforms, they don't interact with Firefox very much. Java is a runtime that is EXTREMELY insecure and should be used as little as possible.
In the address bar, type about:crashes. Note: If the report does not have BP in front of the numbers, click it and select Submit.
Using your mouse, mark the most resent 7 - 10 crash reports, and copy them. Now go to the reply box below and paste them in.