Hi, I am running Firefox 31.0 in Ubuntu 14.04 having the following problem:
I did try safe-mode and there everything works fine. Then I restarted firefox (several times) with all plugins disabled but still had the same problem, so I don't know what causes the difference between safe-mode and no plugins.
(By the way, there is no problem opening a New Tab by pressing Ctrl-T or from the file menu, the issue is only the New Window and New Private Window).
Is there any other way to narrow down what is preventing the new windows?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
thanks for your answer, however as I explained in my post, safe-mode does not present the problem, but disabling the extensions on its own does not help (i.e with all extensions disabled the problem still is there). Also, I did not have this problem in the past and I did not change anything graphics related (unless something was changed software-wise internally and I did not notice). And yes I am currently using the default theme.
Modified by MHSCH
What is this plugin about?
This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
This is a plugin for gnome support on Ubuntu. I think it was automatically installed with the gnome package.