How do I stop Firefox for asking for a certificate for every site I visit?
This is a burdensome extra step I have never seen before when using the firefox browser. Sometimes it even blocks me from being able to sign a petition or visit a website that I know to be trusted. How do I uninstall or at least make it less sensitive?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
hello Gailsfirefox, first please make sure that the date & time is set correctly on your system. if this doesn't solve the issue (or it is already set properly), a possible solution depends on different factors:
- what is the error code shown under technical details on the error page?
in case the error code equals sec_error_unknown_issuer, please attempt to add an exception on the bottom of the error page & inspect the certificate (see the screenshot attached for instructions):
- which issuer information does the certificate contain?