Does Mozilla Firefox offers Create Your Own Search Engine functionality?
Does Mozilla Firefox 31.0 on Windows7 64-bit offers Create Your Own Search Engine functionality? If yes, how?
Thank you in advance for your kind help.
Modified by Danesh
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
According to you link in Slimboat. I think it is not a Search Page. Its an official page for Slimboat application.So you can't set it as a search engine.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
Try using Mycroft, which was recently moved to its' own domain from MozDev. http://mycroftproject.com/
First off, thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Next, Slimboat offers Create Your Own Search Engine functionality and, in effect, works in conjunction with Fluid (http://fluidapp.com/) which offers a great way to turn websites into applications. From the Fluid homepage: “Fluid is free. You can download Fluid for free and create as many Fluid Apps as you like.”
you can use http://ready.to/search/en/ or the https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/add-to-search-bar/ addon to create your own search plugin in firefox
Related discussion over here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1014951
locking this thread