Lost wi-fi sig status on menu bar ONLY when FF is running, several updates back, so update not a solution. Shows whenever FF not invoked. Search = no answer.
Quite some time back this started and have finally grown tired of it so decided there must be an answer somewhere, but of course if there is I can't find it and the only thing close are outdated archived threads that don't resolve the issue nor allow reopening them, suggesting a new thread be initialed, soooo... here tis.
TSIA... no lil animated 'radar' looking thingie ONLY WHEN FF is running. When it's not the icon is extant.
Started several updates ago of both FF and OS X, so don't buy into that being an issue and I have NO intention of any more updates for various reasons that far out weigh the minor nuisance of no WiFi status icon.
FF 29.0.1 Mac OS X 10.9.2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Version 188.8.131.5203
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.06
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.7
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing Plugin
- AG plug-in that sets cookie
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Have you checked your network settings?
- "3bar" menu > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Choose how Firefox accesses the internet
Is it a desktop icon, or a Firefox add-on?