Can't connect to CNN over AT&T but can over Comcast. Why??
I'm totally baffled.
I have two interet services, Comcast and AT&T. Suddenly, after my AT&T service seemed to go out, I am unable to connect to CNN through Firefox over my AT&T service (wired or wireless) from my Macbook.
It redirects to cgi.cnn.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha and I get a "Not Found" error page.
I can, however, connect to CNN through Safari over my ATT service from my Macbook.
Also, I AM able to connect to CNN through Firefox over my Comcast service (wired) from my PC desktop (running XP) with no redirecting or errors.
I am running all latest software updates.
Why in the world would some combination of Firefox, AT&T, a Mac, and CNN prevent connection/produce errors, where everything else seems to work????
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Same story with sfgate.com, the website for the San Francisco Chronicle.
dupe of https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1013930 - locking