Sync Error messages
Since Monday I keep getting sync errors on Firefox 31 with a Windows 8.1 machine: "Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error."
Here is the sync log: http://pastebin.com/fuY8u572
It looks like it is syncing everything except for the open tabs on this computer.
Could you please take a look?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Version 188.8.131.5203
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- PTC Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
hello jesuita, that's an issue known to mozilla engineers who are currently working on a fix (the problem is on the server-side, so there's nothing you can change on your end). for progress on the issue you can follow or vote for bug #1045691.
I have recently started getting these messages on Firefox ESR 24.7.0 Macintosh. It's very frustrating: I have no idea what will happen to sync once my machines are able to access the database with their increasingly-divergent bookmarks, etc.
Should I assume the problem remains at your end? I have at least one error log available to post on request.
From my side its fixed, didn't do anything so it seemed to be something central
Curious as to whether I should expect a fix from the server side or if I have to take active steps unknown to me to fix this.
I just got a "Solution found to Firefox Help question" email telling me "Etnier has found a solution to a Firefox question that you're following."
I have found no solution as of yet.
Modified by Etnier
Please start a new question thread - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new
I TRIED to do that and was urged by your forum software to this very thread, where I dutifully posted.
Alright: I'd start over again
Modified by Etnier
thank you, i'll close this thread then...