Cannot copy, paste text from an incoming email to an outgoing email, even though reinstalled Firefox for Mac, also doesn't copy to Word; only URLs copy
Essentials stated in the question.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.07
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Hi Texter1, Thank you for your question, this may be an issue with the cache, an add on interacting with the text field or many other possibilities. I would be happy to troubleshoot this. However it may also be a website specific issue. To make sure:
- What mail provider's website is this happening on?
- Also are you using keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste and does clearing the cache help?
- Does it happen in Safe mode? Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Thank you, please post back with your results and we can get started.
Use keyboard shortcuts if the buttons on the web page or other methods aren't working.
- Copy: Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert (Mac: Command + C)
- Paste: Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert (Mac: Command + V)
- Cut: Ctrl+X or Shift+Delete (Mac: Command + X)
Thanks guigs2 and cor-el. I used keyboard shortcuts.
It's not related to a specific site. The issue is general. I've not used Firefox in safe mode, and unfortunately, don't know what it is. What's puzzling is that this only started recently, never was an issue before, and is not fixed with the update. Perhaps it's related to the webmail programme I used that's provided by my website host. The programme is Horde.
(BTW, the copy, paste problem does not seem to occur in Chrome.)
I recently installed an add-on to Firefox for copying. It mostly works.