Version 31 crashes
I have version 31 and it crashes CONSTANTLY with win 7. Seems as though 20 times a day.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the full Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
Deleted old firefox & folders, installed fresh version 32, just crashed twice.
bp-67c5207d-ca88-4466-9bda-a00f62140925 9/25/2014 4:42 PM bp-61409067-8743-4c06-9959-d66502140925 9/25/2014 4:42 PM
Thanks anyways, I'm out for the last time.
This crashing nonsense is ridiculous. 8 times in a 20 minute period this am.
A formerly great product that has become frustrating and useless in it's current form.
You could try SeaMonkey. It does not crash for me.