How can I transfer all bookmarks,history and passwords, from my XP machine to my new Mac?
This concerns the Firefox browser.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Google Update
- Version 184.108.40.20603
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Hello ed, I tried to copy and paste the profiles years ago without luck. They seem to have changed so I will try again. Can you tell me if the "sync" feature will work as well?
It is best not to copy a full profile, but only the most essential files that you really need especially if you copy to a different OS.
So start with the bookmarks and history (places.sqlite) and the password files (signons.sqlite and key3.db).
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)