custom network configuration
It does not seem possible to specify custom netwirk parameters like DNS server. It seems someone else already asked this question but it was misunderstood and i can't reply to it.
Hi lenod, Checking out the 2.0 builds I think this feature is being worked on, however alot can change in 6 months.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:28.0) Gecko/28.0 Firefox/28.0
Hi lenod, Thank you for your question. I see that you system detail if Firefox OS but the topic is for Firefox the browser. I will answer for both: For Firefos OS:
- Modifying the host files for developers MDN
- Currently I do not know of a Marketplace app that does this, but in 2.0 there may be a feature to import certificates in the Wifi Settings.
It is possible to change the DNS server on the computer's network configuration.
For the network connection menu please see:
- Click the "3-bar menu" and select "Preferences" or "Options"
- Navigate to Advanced and select the Network Category
- Under "Connection" click the button "Settings"
- Here you can select a proxy.
However, you can also use a host file to select the DNS to user etc. This addon Switch Hosts. The host files are in the system drivers folder and can be edited in Windows: Properties > Security > Advanced,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I might be mistaken but this really seems to be firefox os support forum (I can red Home > Support Forum > Firefox OS > custom network configuration at the top of the page). Anyway this doesnt solve my problem since changing the host file is a bit dirty and it is the same file for each wifi connection and I need to specify the dns record for a specific network (plus, even if I can do it, it is not a solution for most users).
I mar as solved because there does not seem to be a solution here (I hope it will be solved in 2.0 though).
Hi lenod, Checking out the 2.0 builds I think this feature is being worked on, however alot can change in 6 months.
Thanks, great news!