This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
AIOS access disabled except via Add Ons toolbar since Beta 31 update. How to repair?
The version history shows that Beta 31 installed Friday and on start-up this morning, a message came that FF was installing updates. Then FF started and then this problem emerged.
AIOS does not respond to attempts to change it from within the --the 'apply and change' buttons do not respond. The extension was removed and re-installed but with no change in behavior. NOTE: This machine is a Thinkpad T530 with W7 Pro and the tech support at Lenovo has alerted me that my BIOS needs updating (this can be done only at their depot, machine is under warranty.)
Is there a way to solve this problem before the machine goes to depot?
All Replies (1)
Try to install the current Firefox 30.0 release.
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the full Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.