This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Single sync account does not synchronize bookmarks on all devices.
I set up Sync on three devices few weeks ago and all bookmarks were synchronized then. Since, every time I add a bookmark on one device, it is not replicated on others. Is there a manual operation to force synchronization ? Is it possible to make it automatic ?
All Replies (5)
HI thiebaut.n, Sync is designed to sync automatically at each new sync. There are sync intervals that are set a default values between each sync in the about:config page. However if you are not seeing the items sync please try these troubleshooting steps: http://mzl.la/MHqQXd
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my problem. I found a "sync" button in the "customize" ribbon, but it has no effect : my bookmarks are still different on the two devices I connected to firefox Sync (with the same account of course). Any idea ?
Nicolas, Ok, here are some checks, please ignore if they are too rudimentary:
- Are both of the devices on version 29 or newer?
- Is the android device on an account that says "Firefox Sync (depreciated)"?
- How often does the mobile device sync? (sync settings under accounts)
- Are the bookmarks in the "Mobile Bookmarks" Folder? This is expected on the Desktop, and "Desktop Bookmarks" are where the Desktop bookmarks live on the Mobile device.
Hello Guigs, Here are some precisions: The devices I'm trying to sync are 2 computers (windows 7 and windows 8).
- Mozilla is on version 30.0 on both. - I also have it on a mobile device (version 30.0, which does not sync but I don't mind) and it does not display any error message. - The sync scheduler active interval is set on 600 (seconds I believe). Others are on 3600 seconds maximum. - Bookmarks on the mobile device are partly those from computer 1 (weird!), some are missing. Hope this helps.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/