This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Gargoyle https router logon not working after version 27, when I try and logon it just says the connection was reset. works fine with 27.0.1 must be a bug
I use a Gargoyle quota management router which has web access through https. It works fine with Firefox version 27.0.1 , and has worked for years with no problems. Somewhere after version 27.0.1 a bug was introduced which prooduces the error message "Problem loading page, The connection was reset, The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" each time I go to the routers address. Reverting to 27.0.1 fixes the problem and it also works fine with Interney Explorer so it is not a firewall problem.
All Replies (4)
HI techman88, Thank you for your question. I understand that the password for your router is no longer working in Firefox 27. Please download the new version of Firefox from your working browser and reset the profile.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
To reset Firefox go to about:support and and click Reset Firefox. However if there is a saved password in this profile you can manage the passwords under Options > Security> Passwords. Please check this out as well.
That is a misunderstanding, you need to read more carefully, I said I could no longer connect to the Gargoyle router through https after Firefox version 27.0.1 , this is a bug in the later versions of firefox, especially 29 and 30. Resetting everything and doing a clean install of Firefox does not fix the problem. IE connects fine, and from my mobile it connects fine. I suggest testing any new versions of Firefox more carefully before releasing them, especially with https and SSL. web sites, modems etc.
Hi techman88, SSL /TLS settings can be changed http://mzl.la/MxVdgG, what error are you getting when you try to access the site?