Help getting tabs to sync between mac and tablet
I have tabs that refuse to sync consistently, if at all between my Mac with 10.9 and an Android tablet 4.2. I have current versions of the apps. I have tried creating a new account to verify, I've tried reinstalling both on both machines.
Sometimes, it might finally resolve itself if I leave it overnight, like it's incredibly slow. I try manually syncing, letting it do it's own thing...
I don't get what I am doing wrong. For reference, When I sign in to google chrome on both devices, it's instant, or damn near, and doesn't stop being that way from the first sync. Very solid in terms of syncing tabs and such.
This FF sync deal I just can't get to work worth a crap and it's disappointing. I'd like to keep using FF as I love the bookmarking capabilities (something google refuse to address), but I do so much research for school and I have grown to rely on this feature a great deal.
I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong!
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 184.108.40.20609
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.118
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.1
- LastPass Plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
If it works when you leave it overnight, perhaps you need to reduce the intervals between the syncs?
These might be the preferences you need to adjust: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Sync/Client/Sync_Timers