This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Seems to be a memory problem on this Web site
Using Windows8 Viewing this Web site: http://www.roycefamily.com/CHS/quickcontactsPic.htm
Seems to run out of memory displaying student "Perkins" (background color becomes BLACK).
Many other browsers display correctly: Internet Explorer 10 Chrome 35 Safari 5
All Replies (3)
Looks fine to me. See screenshot below
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- > Options/Preferences> Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- > Options/Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
There are know issues on Windows with containers larger than about 32000px
- bug 671302 - cairo-gdi: large background-images and gradients don't work beyond ~ 32768px
Please do not comment in bug reports
I did try all of your possible solutions BUT still the same problem for me (At "Perkins", background turns "BLACK").
I did find that if I change the "display size" to under 68%, the complete Web page background will display (seems still to be a memory problem).
Like I said, all other browsers that I tried, worked fine, still pointing to a FireFox memory problem.