what does bcryptPrimitives.dllwasnot found mean?
in the middle of trying to update my Vista this message comes up and when I click on it it still continues to download but it asks me again to update...again...and again. What am I missing? And how do I get it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Your System Details list shows that you likely have a corrupted user agent that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.7:
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
You can reset all user set (bold) general.useragent prefs on the about:config page via the right-click context menu to the default value.
Hi, cor-el. If I may ask, could this be fixed by downloading the full installer?
No, you need to clear this up in the Firefox profile folder or on the about:config page in Firefox.
All you need to do is to open the about:config page via the location bar and accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.
In the search field you can type agent and reset at least the general.useragent.override pref via the right-click context menu to the default value and possible other general.useragent that show user set (bold).
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)